More Voxel art and Tesseract Update V0.201

24 09 2012

First up, Tesseract has a small update today, to Version 0.201. I fixed the exit hatch code so that only the player can open the door; robots cannot. Also I fixed an issue with the way I handle reloads where I was accidentally drawing all ammo for all weapons from the same pool. That has been fixed. You can download it here (WinRAR or 7zip needed).

I’ve also done some more Voxel art, mostly experimenting with making weapons. Here’s a few still images of stuff I’ve been doing.

Ares FMG

M1 Carbine, Paratrooper version

M4 Carbine

Shading’s a little inconsistent but I’m happy with the stuff so far. Only problem is I can’t really utilize them yet since I don’t have the full version of Qubicle Constructor. I hope to rectify this in the future.

Advertisements




Tesseract Update, Version 0.2

21 09 2012

I did some more updating to Tesseract today after some feedback by a playtester. You can download the PC build here (WinRAR or 7zip needed).

Fixes:
-Contextual pickup notices for treasure and ammo now disappear when you are too far away to pick them up
-Enemy corpses can now be walked through by the player (players will still be blocked by live enemies)
-Weapons will no longer break if you switch them before the reload is done. Simply switch back to the weapon at any time when it’s empty and it will reload.

EDIT: Had a problem with the hyperlink, it’s fixed now.





Pixels, Voxels, and the Editing of Both

20 09 2012

People who have known me for a while know that I’m really not much of an artist. For whatever reason it never really clicked with me. However one are I have been attempting to improve in is the realm of pixel art. I’ve mostly been making small sprites no bigger than 64×64 but it’s been a lot of fun, leading to stuff like the following (warning: image-heavy): Read the rest of this entry »





Dust Settling

18 09 2012

So it’s been a hectic past couple of months. I left my job and moved down to Maryland with a couple friends of mine in order to try and make a go at some independent ventures. While doing that I’ve also been getting back into working on Tesseract as well as another project to be named later. People who remember “Ablative Starfighter” will be familiar with the second project however.

As for the changes I’ve made to Tesseract, I’ve implemented the treasure into the main game itself instead of just my test level, and also done some behind-the-scenes work towards fixing my code. Specifically I’ve been trying to create a generic weapons script that I can just drop into any weapon. The only thing holding that up however is the way I have scripts relying on one-another to do things like handle reloads. I also still haven’t made any new weapons for the player to acquire just yet mostly because I don’t have the inventory implemented yet. I think if I implemented the inventory it’d go a long way towards fixing some of these reliance problems.

In any event, here’s Tesseract v0.19 for download. The only real noticeable change aside from the Treasure pickups is the spread on the Shotgun has been expanded somewhat.